The responsible body as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Grosse Ahlmühle 9
Phone: +49 (0) 6349 / 9946-0
Fax: +49 (0) 6349 / 9946-199
Sales Tax ID No. DE 815 807 459
Court of Registry
Landau HRB 32429
There is an external data protector.
Data storage on this website
You can always use the contact details of our data protection officer to exercise the following rights:
- Information about your stored data and corresponding processing
- Correction of incorrect personal data
- Restriction of the data processing if we are not yet allowed to delete your data due to legal obligations
- Objection to our processing of your data
- Information about your data stored by us and its processing
- Data portability if you have consented to the data processing or have concluded a contract with us
If you have granted us your consent, you can withdraw it at any time with effect for the future.
If you have any complaints, you can always contact the responsible supervisory authority. The responsible supervisory authority depends on your state of residence, headquarters, or alleged violations.
A list of the supervisory authorities (for the private sector) can be found here.
Reasons for the data processing by the responsible body or third parties
- you have given your explicit consent
- it is necessary to fulfil our contract with you
- it is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation
- it is necessary to protect legitimate interests and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data.
Collection of general information when you visit our website
When you visit our website, a cookie automatically records information (server files) that includes the type of web browser you are using, the operating system, domain name of your internet service provider, etc. The information collected here does not allow conclusions regarding you as an individual.
This information is required for technical purposes in order to deliver the web content you request and is mandatory when using the internet. In particular, the information is used to:
- ensure the website loads smoothly,
- ensure smooth use of our website,
- analyze the system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest for the aforementioned purposes of data collection. We do not use your personal information to draw conclusions about you. The data are only accessed by the responsible body and data processing company.
We may evaluate anonymous information of this kind in a bid to optimize our website and the underlying technology.
Provider and server log files
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which the browser automatically transmits. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of server request
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons. This data is not merged with other data sources. We reserve the right to have this data checked retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of illegal use.
To guarantee security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption techniques (such as SSL) via HTTPS.
When you submit any questions via email or the contact form, you give us your consent to process your data for the purpose of establishing contact. This requires specification of a valid email address, which we assign to your request and use to respond to your question. Entry of additional data is optional. The information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing your request and for possible follow-up questions. Once the issue has been resolved, your data are deleted automatically.
This information is not passed on to third parties.
Links to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you could be directed to another website or internet source that might collect information about you intentionally or through cookies or other technologies. SERO has no responsibility, liability, or ability to control these other websites or internet sources, or their collection, use, and dissemination of your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of these other websites and internet resources to determine whether they comply with the Privacy Legislation.
There is a link to a virtual tool of our factory, this link leads to the external domein cloudpano.com. This function runs on the servers of the third party, which in all likelihood collects data from visitors. This third-party provider can not receive data via the integration into the website if the visitor has not yet clicked on the link.
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Following the use of the IP anonymization function on this website, the IP addresses of users within the member states of the European Union or other contracting states of the Agreement in the European Economic Area are truncated by Google beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and truncated there. Google will use this information to analyze your use of this website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services related to the website activity and internet usage on behalf of the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser to Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
The data processing is aimed at evaluating the use of the website and compiling reports on activities on the website. Information about the use of the website and the internet is then used to offer other related services. The processing is based on the legitimate interest of the website operator.
In addition or as an alternative to the browser add-on, you can prevent tracking by Google Analytics on our website by clicking on this link. This installs an opt-out cookie on your device and prevents Google Analytics from collecting information on this website from your browser as long as the cookie is installed in your browser.
Use of Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager to control loading of the Google Analytics script tag.
Embedded YouTube videos
We have embedded YouTube videos on some of our web pages. These plugins are operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a page with the YouTube plugin, it will connect to the YouTube servers. YouTube will be informed about the pages you visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account, YouTube can associate your surfing behavior with your profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
When a YouTube video is loaded, the provider sets cookies that collect information about the user’s behavior.
More information about data protection on YouTube can be found here.
Question to the data protection officer
If you have any questions about data protection, please email us or contact the person responsible for data protection in our organization.
Collecting and processing personal data
These contact data include, for example:
- Contact details from your business card that you have given to a member of our company,
- Contact data that we have received from you by letter, telephone, fax or e-mail,
- Contact details with your name, which we have received from your company (for example from sales, purchasing, your superior or one of your colleagues) on the basis of an existing contractual relationship,
- Contact details with your name, which we have taken from your employer’s Internet homepage,
- Further ways of handing over contact data are possible, for example also the simple note on paper during a conference or trade fair or over the participant list of a seminar.
Purposes and legal basis for the processing of personal contact data:
- In the case of an existing contractual relationship: the execution and execution of this contractual relationship. If other contacts already exist and your contact details are supplemented, this is done to improve or optimise communication in the business relationship of the current contract.
- The existing contractual or other business relationship provides the basis for permission to process the personal data, which is necessary, appropriate and expedient for the processing of the same.
- If no contractual relationship exists: For the purpose of initiating and establishing a business relationship and, if applicable, a contractual relationship.
- In the latter case, the basis for permission is the legitimate interest of the responsible party in initiating new business relations. When weighing up the rights of the persons concerned, it is established that any interests of the persons concerned do not outweigh the confidentiality of their contact data, because if this were the case, we assume that we would not have received the contact data from you or your employer.
Planned data transmissions and planned or possible recipients of personal contact data:
- If necessary, we will only forward the contact data to other parties within the company who have a legitimate interest in contacting you.
- Your contact details will not be transferred to countries outside the EU (“third countries”).
Should exceptions to this information become necessary due to legal or official requirements, then we would, as far as the respective legal basis permits, contact you beforehand before passing on the contact data according to a request made.
If we use address data we collect ourselves for advertising purposes:
- In this case, we will only use your personal contact data if your name has been stated on the Internet homepage or in an advertising contribution or another medium in the presentation of your company for the purpose of establishing contact.
- If your e-mail address has been entered on the Internet homepage or another of the media mentioned for the purpose of contacting you, we assume that we may also contact you by e-mail, including for the purpose of advertising.
- If an address from company presentations is used without giving names for the establishment of contact, we will write to the company without mentioning a name, i.e. without reference to a person, as a “legal person”.
Duration of storage of personal contact data:
- In the case of an existing business relationship (contractual relationship or contract-like relationship), we store your personal data at least for the duration of the existing contractual relationship or until your name as contact person in this matter is replaced by another name by your company, which then takes over your role.
- If, after conclusion of the business relationship, documents such as offers, individual agreements for order execution and invoices in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the Tax Code (Abgabenordnung) must be kept for a period of 6 or 10 years, then these retention periods are binding for the complete documents, even with any names still mentioned on them. Following these retention periods, these data are deleted and paper documents are destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations.
Contacts in the e-mail directory of our employees:
- In addition to internal electronic directories of business partners’ contact persons, your contact data may also be available in the e-mail directories and similar personal directories of our employees. With the technology available today, these are not subject to deletion monitoring and are not always stored sorted by company (so they cannot be deleted as a stack).
- We would also like to draw our employees’ attention to the deletion of a company’s contacts from their personal directories once the business relationship has expired.
- Due to the well-known uncertainty of this procedure with the available technology of personal contact directories, we would also like to ask you to help us by writing to the existing contact partners in our company upon termination of the business relationship or termination of your responsibility as a contact person for us and asking for deletion of your contact data in all personal directories (e-mail directories and similar on the PC and in the smartphone).
Your rights as a data subject:
- You have the right to information about the data we have stored about you.
- In case of errors in the name or changes of address you have the right to request the correction.
- You have the right to object to the use of your personal contact data for the purpose of advertising by us.
- The right of objection does not apply to letters which are necessary in the context of the existing business relationship and as long as you are a contact person in your company.
- You have the right to request the deletion or blocking if the business relationship no longer exists and there are no longer any storage obligations (as stated above) or if your function as contact person within the scope of our business relationship has been replaced by another person in your company.
Revocability of consents:
If our use of your personal contact data for the purpose of advertising is based on the legal basis of a consent, you have the right to revoke this consent for all future uses. The revocation can no longer affect actions that have already been initiated, but for future actions.
Right of appeal to the supervisory authority:
If, despite all our efforts, you wish to complain to the Data Protection Authority about good information and the confidential treatment of all your personal data, this is your right and you can contact the Data Protection Authority responsible for you or us directly. The addresses of the data protection supervisory authorities of the federal states can be found here.
Obligation to provide personal contact data:
As long as your employer has designated you as a contact person for us, you are contractually obliged to provide us with your contact details and any changes to these details. Non-provision may result in the infeasibility of the contractual benefits in the contractual relationship with your employer’s company.
Automated decisions pursuant to Art. 22 DSGVO or other profiling measures pursuant to Art. 4 No. DSGVO do not take place.